Friday, January 24, 2014

Picture Update 1/24/14


View from what will be the girls' rooms.
Now, the roof is completely open and ready to be extended to meet the new structure.  I think I already posted pictures of the "After" for this part but thought I'd share what it looked like inside.

Love that blown-in insulation AKA rat nest.

Speaking of rat nests... How about this rat nest of electrical wires just sticking up in my attic--no junction boxes.  Nice.  Can you say, "Fire hazard"?

Live wires.  No caps.  Buried in insulation.  Yes, Previous Owner was an absolute genius and so all about doing great, quality work--not at all just trying to make things look "nice" but really burying some serious issues.  Every time my husband tried to properly cap these off, the television and dining room light would go off.

Can you say, "retro"?

Enough about the nasty attic and scary wiring...  How about the fact that my entire downstairs is now framed up?

No comments:

Post a Comment