Monday, December 16, 2013

Holes

This post has nothing to do with the book or the movie with Dule Hill in it.  It is only to say that...

We have holes!!


Holes that are laid out for piers for our addition!  It turns out that one of my husband’s cousins also has purchased a local property with an old house on it and will be adding on in similar fashion to what we are doing.  The guys he has working over there have now come over here to do some work for us.  The holes are all dug and ready for concrete to set piers.  I am beyond happy that we are moving so quickly.  We have a habit of postponing or dragging out projects, but I don’t think this will be one of those.  For one, my father-in-law is half-retired and is no better at sitting still than I (in fact, he’s probably 10 times worse), so this is a joy for him to contract.  Secondly, I’m pretty sure my husband realizes that my sanity (and thus, his) are closely tied to the completion of this project, so there’s no time to waste.  From what I hear, concrete will be on its way later in the week and lumber is set to be delivered shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment